What can our team can do for you.
It is important to know that you are not alone; we are here to provide you with as much help as possible. Being English speaking, sometimes with very little French language, not knowing the system, not knowing what’s available, can be very daunting. We are here to help you, your family, friends and carers with any help that we can provide whether it is just available written information, translation or someone to talk to in English. Although we do not provide any medical help, we can help you in other ways.
Listed below are some of the ways we can help but if what you need is not listed, please ask because if we can’t help you then maybe we can direct you to someone who can.
- Provide a local 24 hours helpline, which if not answered directly, will respond personally within 24 hours.
- Need someone to talk to? All volunteers who work with clients have received specialised training in active listening and are available to talk personally and confidentially on the telephone or at hospital or at home.
- Guide you to other sources of information and advice available if appropriate.
- We can help you communicate with your medical team and other organisations by providing translators to guide you. Or alternatively we can help you with any related French paperwork that you cannot or are having difficulty understanding.
- Give you access to written information about Cancer and its treatment, the French welfare system and life during and after cancer.
Our Confidential Service is free.